Friday, July 31, 2009

Seriously?

Well, I haven't been on here in a few days. There is so much to tell!

1.  Last Friday we had my Grandmother's 90th birthday party in Cleveland.  It was super nice. my Dad did a great job pulling it off.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The food was yummy.  And most importantly, Grandmother was happy! What an accomplishment! LOL

2.  We spent the rest of last weekend visiting Brent's parents and grandmother. That was nice.  Then I had to rush back for the funeral of a dear friend's sister! So sad.  Carla, you are in my prayers!

3.  Today they were supposed to come and install my hardwood flooring in the living room.  What a disaster. My Dad started calling me at work at 9 am with issues.  Apparently some of the floor joists were hung upside down causing then to crown.  No big deal for  carpet, but a nightmare for hardwood.  fortunately, the installer had a buddy who could come today and fix it. So, needless to say, my kids had a sub this afternoon and I busted ass home to take care of this and avoid the looming panic attack that was sure to hit if I continued to deal with this from work!!  The guy came and got right to work! He is GREAT and now my hero!  He has be planing the boards all day to get them even. now he is reinstalling the subfloor. 

4. The Installation company said they could not get me rescheduled for hardwood until the 12th...... WHAT? I threw a fit. I have furniture spread all over the downstairs, sawdust EVERYWHERE, and I only have a subfloor.... she must have been joking! Turns out if you are persistent enough they are willing to call people to see if they want to make some extra money on their day off! LOL They will be here at 8 am tomorrow! Thank goodness!

I am hoping this story is going to have a happy ending...... I guess I will know more tomorrow!  PRAY for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment