Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I spent the day with my Mom yesterday at Vanderbilt visitng a friend of hers. It is so sad she has renal cancer. I seems like everybody you come across these days has cancer.  It is just so sad and scary. It was a nice visit though. She has a really good attitude despite having a tumor cut off her brain a few days ago. I guess attitude is everything when you are sick like that. Hers is good.... so maybe that helps!

I have been trying to get my life back in order to go back to work. I am so not ready. I am just trying to convince myself that it is not that bad and I can do anything for a few months.... it is just hard to go and me trapped in a building when it is 90 degrees and sunny outside! oh well, this is the life I picked! LOL.  I am sure I would be bored at home anyway (probably not). I am just not sure I am ready for all the miscommunication and drama that I am afraid I will be facing! Oh well, such is life!

I am going to lay by the pool with Emily and pretend it is June and we are not two days away from the schoolyear! The sunshine will certainly help!

I am waiting to hear back on the estimate for hardwood for my living room and get the install all set up. I cannot believe I have waited six years to take care of this when it drives me crazy. I will be glad when it is installed and done! I am sure it will look a thousand times better. Then on to deciding what carpet I want to put upstairs and getting that all installed. I really dread the part where we have to move all the furniture out~ that part does not thrill me..... but it will be worth it to have some nice, fresh, new carpet!!! I may have to wait till fall break so I do not go crazy from all the mess. I am not sure I can jack up my entire upstairs and go to work without freaking out! we will see though! Maybe it wont be that bad. I should get it done soon before I am really hating on this carpet (more than i already do) LOL.  Having a house seems to be a never ending project. I can see how all of these people let their houses go to crap.... I just can't do it!  

I wish Brent and I could sell our house and move to some remote little island and set up a tiki bar on the beach or something... wouldn't that be heaven. Maybe we will one day! LOL  

Oh well, I guess I am off to basque in the sun......

No comments:

Post a Comment