Sunday, July 5, 2009

Great 4th, sad day in Nashville

We had a great day yesterday celebrating the birthday of our nation.  We spent the day at the Holland's pool. We had a beach reunion and a yummy beach shrimp boil.  We got to play with the puppies and the kiddos and just had a blast.  Then we jetted outta there in a flash to go pick up my Mom and Norval at the airport. They had a blast in Napa, Yosemite, and Lake Tahoe. I am so jealous. They brought us a yummy bottle of wine and a beautiful outdoor copper prism. I am excited to get it hung up!  Then we rushed home to grill burgers (in the rain).  we had a break in the rain long enough to see the Murfreesboro fireworks shooting off across the neighborhood. Lots friends showed up to watch and visit.  Mom and Norval even made it with Jetlag~  Altogether a very fun day!

However, a sad day for Nashville with the discovery of Steve McNair's apparent murder suicide. I feel terrible for his wife and 4 children. What a horrible day for them.  Also, a tough day for Titan's fans and the Nashville community, where McNair was a great community figure.  So much scandal and death lately in the celeb world. Very tragic! Makes you really grateful for your simple life!!!!

Anyway.... Gonna spend a great day with my honey. Maybe we will go and look at some hardwood for the living room. I have to get off my butt and get that done. I have put it off for 6 years now. I am really starting to get irritated with me! LOL I guess I should accomplish something at my house before I am locked up in a classroom again! only a week and 3 days left! What will I do without being able to lay at the pool everyday?  I can do it.... it is just one more schoolyear ( or less...LOL) I can do it!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment