Saturday, July 18, 2009

Great Day

We had a great day today! We went and picked up our hardwood flooring for the living room. Now it just has to acclimate to the temp in the house for 72 hours and then they will call me to install it. I will be so glad to have it done (6 years later LOL)

Then Brent and I went to Cool Springs to get the rest of his provisions for the thousand dollar apple pie, as I am calling it.  We went to Pottery Barn to look at rugs. Then on to Williams Sonoma (one of my fav shops in the world) to get a very special tart pan for the thousand dollar apple pie. They were having a great sale so I managed to pick up a few other little things, I had to have. then I noticed a great sale across the hall at Coldwater Creek.  I found several tops I needed to have for work of course. Then on to Buca di Beppo for late lunch!! YUMMY as always.  Next it was on to Whole Foods to get some tapioca flour (for the thousand dollar pie), which is apparently only available locally there!  So, I took the opportunity to pick up lots of organic meat and veggies while I was there!

When we got home, Brent got to work fast and furiously on the thousand dollar apple pie crust. So, it looks like tomorrow we will know if it tastes like a thousand dollar pie! LOL I am sure it will be great. Brent is quite the dessert chef!!! If his one of a kind, frequently requested by all cheesecakes are any indication, it should be the best apple pie ever! LOL

I took the quite time as a chance to do a little reading. I started reading "Stories from Candyland," which appears to be a lengthy rebuttle to Tori spelling's book "sTori Telling." It is a pretty good and super easy read! I guess next I will check out "Mommywood," Tori's new book.

Mom and Norval are coming over for roast (In my new Le Creuset french oven) and thousand dollar apple pie tomorrow. So, I think I will lounge at the pool all day and then come home and get to cookin!  I am still trying to pretend I am on break, even though break is so over now. I will have kids starting Wednesday! I am interested to find out who I will have a get started on the year with them. I am sure this last year will be a great one! I am going to make sure of it!

So, I guess that is all for now! More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment